Friday, July 5, 2013

mom's morning thoughts on the day before Emma leaves





1157 blog views as of this morning!  WOW!!!  I don't really know why that number means so much to me, except that I use it to remind me that God is allowing His children to do their job of praying and encouraging one another.  You all have been such a blessing to Em and to the entire Brink Bunch.  Thank you and please continue to pray for her.



This morning as I was praying for Em, her team, those that she will have opportunity to show Jesus to between here and Dallas and all along the way to Alaska, as well as for our own family as we seek to serve our Father well.  I realized that the thing that I haven't prayed about is safety.
 
Not for her and not for her team and not for us.  So I then let my heart ponder, why?  After a bit, I came up with a reminder that I must have heard somewhere in my life.  "There is no safer place than in the center of our Father's hand!  If we are where God wants us, we are no safer in the midst of a raging war than in our bedroom.  His hand protects us and only allows what is BEST according to His plan and purposes."

My human reaction to that is what about my plan?  I plan to see her graduate, go to college, serve You, get married, have kids...e.t.c.  In response I felt as if our Father lovingly said, "Melissa this is not about you...."

There has been a Corrie Ten Boom quote circling around my world lately.  Facebook, our pastor's wife, radio...I do not believe in coincidence, but I do believe in providence!  God has caught my attention with this; “Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open.” 

The other quote that keeps surfacing from my memory is:

“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.” 
― C.S. LewisThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe  

Our Father God is good!  He is all seeing!  He is all knowing, and He is all loving.  He is writing His plan and His story that will bring glory and honor to Himself and He uses us to accomplish His purposes.  This morning I am resting in that.  HE is good!  He IS good!  He is GOOD!  

He loves Emma more than I ever could, and He is using her to write His story.  She may not be choosing the safest plan for her life, but she is in good hands.  Our perfect, all knowing, all seeing and all loving Father's.

So we are not asking for prayers for safety, unless that is how God is leading you of course.  But we are asking that you join us in praying that she would be  ready!  

1 Peter 3:15(NLT) "Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it."


Would you continue to pray with us?

Thanks so much!  I will update as often as I have information or pictures and as often as we both have internet access.

~Melissa for the Bunch 

No comments:

Post a Comment