Monday, July 8, 2013

and here is the rest of the story.....

Meanwhile back at the ranch.... TONIGHT, Michael has a mtg to attend, so Sa and remaining Brink children plus one extra head to one of our local parks to get some energy out before bed.  Beautiful night, Sa was able to be a blessing to a friend by just being in the right place at the right time, and the Brink Bunch did a little babysitting that allowed another family a break.

We return to multiple semi-frantic phone calls from Emma.  Sa tries to call her back to no avail.  After finally deciding that I should check email and facebook, I receive this message from Em.  So... We just found out that we will only be able to take our backpacks to Rampart.  Fun right! Ha!  So much sarcasm in that fun comment.  Talk to you tonight.  Love you!  BTW, no cell service in Alaska so tonight will probably be the last time I call for a while

Mom can't fathom this to be true b/c she is still in the USA right?  surely everyplace in the US has Internet, phone, and a Walmart on every corner.  But, then I remembered the information about the closest hospital being like 85 miles away...and human fear kicked in.

I pray, and update my facebook status with her information....and here is how that "conversation went"

  • Jamie She's in great hands  I got your baby an will lead her to get over amazing mountains an open our hearts to amazing people
  • Jamie  Thank you for letting her bless this team she's amazing !!!
  • Michael.Melissa Brink thank you so much...your words are an encouragement to this mama....if you are comfortable to give her a hug for me that would be great!
  • Jamie Of course I am !!!!!
    about an hour ago via mobile · Unlike · 1
  • Jamie  I'm happy y'all share her with us she is a special amazing part of our team !!!!! We're so proud of her thank you
    about an hour ago via mobile · Unlike · 1
  • Ally I am praying for her and all of you!!!  Love you all!
  • Ashley Praying!!!
  • Comfort Sa remember that she is doing the work that God has put in her heart. She is following the path god put her on. All will be okay.
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 1
  • Charles Mary Lou we survived "old school" while we were growing up and so shall she.
  • Comfort Charles maybe that's what kids need these days is to kick it old school.
  • Charles Mary Lou  I think it is what they need. We were stronger when we had to rely on our word (being where we said we would be) and using our brain to handle unexpected situations.
    49 minutes ago · Like · 1
  • Renee That made me laugh because we have cell phones and all modern conveniences of life BUT it also brought tears to the surface. I understand the anxiety of the heart. God is good and she is going to have an amazing time not only blessing but being blessed. Love u. Just think. She may fall in live with far away places...
    49 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 1
  • Comfort just think of the conversations you will have when she gets back. that's going to be priceless.
  • Michael.Melissa Brink oh Renee, God has used you tonight...I don't know exactly what it means when we were told that she could only take a backpack and that we wouldn't talk to her again till she gets back to TX. God has also shown me that my heart is trusting in technology and convenience more than our God....hard stuff to own up to....so if for whatever reason Rampart truly does not have cell service...maybe that is more about my learning to TRUST Him than it is about Em learning to TRUST Him....Thanks for blessing me with your words of wisdom...anxiety of the heart was a beautiful way to express my panic....I will TRUST in the One who knows, sees, and orchestrates ALL for good, His GOOD as He writes His story.....knowing it and living it out are sometimes 2 totally different things in Melissa world...thanks for praying for me/her/us!
    39 minutes ago · Like · 1

  • Comfort This is a test..a test you did not get to study for. Good luck with that. I'll be thinking of you guys. Can't wait to see you all on Wednesday.
  • Jamie I prayed over Emily an gave her a HUGE mama hug 
    18 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 1
  • Renee I am definitely praying. With mine overseas and zero communication I too have had to reevaluate my heart. Oh course I still worry but God called her and she belongs to Him ( I know u believe that) so He will take care of her. Sad part is you will miss her way more than she misses you ;)) they can communicate out easily if needed. Just not service with that company.
  • Renee And one backpack caused me panic my first trip to Nicaragua but now it is fine. She will have everything she needs
  • Michael.Melissa Brink Jamie & Renee THANK YOU! I actually just had a quick conversation with her. Time will tell if we have cell service and she will be fine with one backpack....I am amazed at my heart....can't she be a Jesus follower in comfort and style? I can't believe that I am typing that...but God is dealing with this mama tonight....thanks for praying everyone! ~melissa
  • Renee So you really are normal ;)) makes me feel better hehe
  • Michael.Melissa Brink way too "human" for my liking....  ~me
  • I could think of no better way to let you know how the last few hours have looked in my world.  "Thank YOU Father for loving my feeble human heart and taking care of all of my anxieties!"

As God would have it, I did talk with her for just a few precious minutes tonight and this is what tomorrow looks like.

leave Garden Valley at 5:40 a.m.
4 hour shuttle ride to Houston, TX
7.5 hours via plane to Alaska straight flight
5-6 hours drive to village
all her luggage is going with her but she cannot take it to the village with her.  She will need to pack what she will need for the remainder of her trip in her backpack.  They will travel via boat to the village and are only allowed to take what she can carry.

Now it all makes sense!

These pics are taken from today's training times.  She said it went amazingly well, and she actually enjoyed practicing how to share her faith with others.

Thanks so much for praying for her, her team, those that she will be near over the next few days.  I am excited to see how God is continuing this adventure novel.  :)

~sa (aka Emma's mom who way too easily forgets Who we serve!!!)






No comments:

Post a Comment